Good sleep is very important to a person’s health. For this reason, finding an excellent pillow should be at the top of your priority list. If you are wary of allergic reactions, you fidget or keep flipping your pillow to find a good sleeping position, or if you simply want to try something new, you should get yourself a bamboo pillow. The pillows are made from pliant fibers extracted from the bamboo plant and are durable, hypoallergenic, and great for preventing overheating. So, which is the best bamboo pillow?
The following guide and the top 10 best bamboo pillow reviews should help you choose.
|17.8 x 6.7 x 6.2 inches||4.3 pounds||43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 % Polyester, 6 % Lycra||20 year||Check Price|
|17.5 x 7.8 x 7.8 inches||4.7 pounds||60% Polyester, 40% Rayon from Bamboo||Lifetime||Check Price|
|28 x 17 x 8 inches||3 pounds||60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo Rayon||2 year||Check Price|
|16.1 x 14 x 6 inches||7.4 pounds||40% Bamboo 60% Polyester||30 days||Check Price|
|18 x 12 x 3 inches||3.5 pounds||60% Polyester, 40% Bamboo Rayon||30 days||Check Price|
|18 x 13 x 6.3 inches||7.1 pounds||Super plush gel fiber||30 days||Check Price|
|17.1 x 13.7 x 6.6 inches||7.5 pounds||40% Bamboo 60% Polyester||30 days||Check Price|
|17 x 13 x 7 inches||6.6 pounds||Gel-Filled Fiber||30 days||Check Price|
|14.2 x 9.9 x 7 inches||7 pounds||43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 % Polyester, 6 % Lycra||90 days||Check Price|
|17.2 x 6.1 x 6.1 inches||4.2 pounds||43% Viscose of Bamboo, 56.4 % Polyester, 6 % Lycra||30 days||Check Price|
1. Snuggle Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Combination– Best All Round Product
If you want to break free from the typical pillows and embrace one that is huggable and enables you to fluff it properly for an excellent sleep, the Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Combination is your product. It is highly rated by users in bamboo pillow reviews.
This particular pillow was built to last and it guarantees utmost comfort regardless of whether you are a side, stomach, or back sleeper. There is no pounding of the pillow to get it in shape for your sleep or being enslaved to fluff the whole night. You can easily adjust it in alignment with your sleeping position and snore away the night.
Green – Its construction features a breathable design. The intertwined pieces of foam allow you to breathe with ease as the temperature around it remains favorable throughout the night. It is made from a hypoallergenic material that comes with an exclusive combination of certified memory foam and bamboo.
If you are looking to kill at least 8 hours of sound sleep, this is the recommended product. It is worth every penny.
- Machine washable
- The best for temperature regulation
- Provides maximum support for its orthopedic conforming shape
- It is hypoallergenic
- The pillow is big and is gentle to the skin
- Regarding its composition, if you are a side sleeper whose head tends to sink a bit, the pillow might be too soft
- It can be too heavy for some users
- Comes with an odor, but it goes away after a few washes
2. Sable Sleeping Hypoallergenic CertiPUR-US Adjustable Shredded Memory Foam – Best Customizable Pillow
What good is a pillow if it can’t offer you comfort and keep you safe from its materials? This Sable’s bamboo pillow is your choice. It comes with a certified memory foam, which is plushy and highly comfortable. It is free from harmful substances and is a guarantee of safety while you sleep.
Yellow – The pillow is adjustable and with more fillings than other similar products, it allows you to customize it to fit your shape and to enhance comfortability. It is ideal for everyone, and regardless of how you sleep, hug it or simply lay your head on it, the perforated bamboo fiber will enhance easy breathing and free from perspiration.
It also features a durable YKK zipper that keeps the memory foam in place, and both the stuffing and the jacket are machine washable. That the pillow is hypoallergenic, has a high density, is made from eco-friendly materials and not lacking in flexibility is true. It has everything you want in a pillow and it comes highly recommended.
- It is flexible, durable and very comfortable
- Suitable for all types of sleepers
- Highly customizable to fit a specific shape
- The pillow is perforated to prevent perspiration
- The material make is highly resistant to dust and termites
- Several users find the pillow too hard, making it a bit uncomfortable
- The horrible smell it comes with lingers for a while
- Not the best if you have a small body
- To some users, it is relatively heavy
3. Plixio Bamboo Cooling Shredded Hypoallergenic Memory Foam – Best Cooling Bamboo Pillow
If there is one thing numbers do, it is that they don’t lie. From any of the best bamboo pillows review, you will know that this 2 pack Plixio product is worth your money. It makes a brilliant choice if you are scouting for a product that always remains cool while offering soft support in your sleep.
Green – It promises a match to all your needs and it comes with an allergen barrier that keeps the dust mites away from interrupting your sleep. It doesn’t go flat and a peek at the reviews will show you that some individuals agree as much as they approve that it is good for neck and back support.
The memory foam is soft to ensure you have a relaxed and comfortable time throughout the night. Those who sweat a lot during the night are also accommodated. It comes with a cover that wicks away moisture, ensuring dryness and endurable ambiance around you.
It is recommended if you sleep on your side, stomach or back. The covers are removable for easy washing.
- It comes with an excellent quality that is long lasting
- For a pack of two, it is highly affordable
- Ideal for people with sensitive skin
- It doesn’t easily go flat and it provides a cool night
- A section of users found the pillows bulky
- If you are looking for a firm pillow, it isn’t your type. It is too soft.
4. Bamboo Sleep Premium Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow – Best for Versatility
Made from a blend of polyester and bamboo fibers, the Bamboo Sleep Premium Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow is breathable and supportive. Unlike many other bamboo pillows, this particular model is not shredded for adjustability. This, however, doesn’t mean it comes short of comfort and softness.
The pillow is meant to perpetually stay fluffy and its design allow easy shaping. Its formation to the right shape can be easily done by popping it in a low heat mode in the dryer. This way, you will shape it to match your needs. Its exterior comes with a soft feel to the skin and it molds perfectly to the neck, the back and the shoulders for any type of sleeper.
Yellow – It doesn’t lose its softness over time, the material is hypoallergenic to ensure nothing disturbs your sleep, and it is washable without losing its shape of fluffiness. If you struggle with sleep due to body pain, restlessness, sore muscles and fatigue, you can say so long with this beautiful pillow. The model is also available in pairs of king and queen sizes.
- Offers the best support for the back, neck, and the shoulders
- It is meant to last long
- Feels soft to the skin and it stays fluffy throughout the night
- People have a hard time trying to shape it into the right shape
- You might want to consider other pillows if you want a shredded memory foam
- It is firm for the taste of some individuals
- It doesn’t stay cool throughout the night
5. Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Memory Foam Pillow – Best Runner-Up
Hands down for this pillow. It is highly rated in the best bamboo pillows review that all side, back, or stomach sleepers can relate to. It fits all and it comes with everything you want in a pillow. The design features a stay-cool washable material, a meticulously knit lining, and a fill that is adjustable for a particular sleeping position.
Place it on the floor, the couch, or on the bed, the pillow satisfies all your support needs. It features a custom construction that allows easy removal or adding of the memory foam. You can easily open it up and remove the shredded memory foam to fit whatever position you want to make sure your body feels snug and healthy.
Green – The cover is perforated to ensure high flow and breathability to ensure that your night is comfortable and relaxed. Your night sleep is guaranteed of coolness and dryness without perspiration. It doesn’t flat down and it is completely free of harmful chemicals.
The positives of this particular pillow are a lot, this is precisely why anybody would recommend this product to you. It has a good value for your money.
- The pillow is fully customizable for the best fit
- A good option for the back and stomach sleepers
- Guarantees optimum air flow
- Resistant to dust mites. It is otherwise hypoallergenic
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Not the best choice for side sleepers
- Some people might pass it because it is too soft
6. Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Gel Pillow – Best Hypoallergenic Pillow
If you are out there scouting for one pillow that is naturally hypoallergenic and cool, Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Gel Pillow is the way to go. As its name suggests, it is filled with gel fiber that is chemical free, hypoallergenic and highly resistant to dust mite, mildew, and mold.
It is among the top products ideal for people who suffer from allergies, asthma as well as any other respiratory problems. The cover is a jacquard bamboo, which is soft and is highly breathable to keep you cool throughout the night. It is soft and offers a supportive barrier for comfort in your sleep.
The no-shift construction is a plus if you are looking for a pillow that offers consistent support throughout the night. Nevertheless, the fabric is stain and fade resistant and you can easily throw it in the washing machine to keep it clean and well maintained.
The product, apart from the queen size pack, is also available in a king size as a pair as well. Some users can’t recommend the product enough. They cite that it is the best product they could ever have. It’s softness, however, in as much as it offers good back and neck support, might not be the best for a side sleeper.
- The product is machine washable
- Gel filled for comfort and softness
- Available as a pair
- It is not as plush as some users would prefer
- Might not be the best for side sleepers
- After opening, the fluffing up takes some time
7. Clara Clark Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillows – Best for All Users
The manufacturers of Clara Clark know it too well that a good night’s sleep is mandatory for a healthy body. This is why they came up with a product that guarantees safety, and a peaceful sleep free from the plaque of allergens and heat. It features a free-airflow technology that prevents the collection of moisture, which may attract unwanted substances or bacteria.
The memory foam is unique and it easily conforms to whatever shape you fit in while sleeping, which is all the support you desire. It is luxuriously comfortable, lightweight, and tailored towards reducing stress while you sleep. Its microfiber is strong, durable, and soft to your skin’s touch.
Yellow – The pillow is ideal for side, stomach or back sleepers as its fluffiness provides alignment with your body as you snore the night away. Because the memory is shredded, you can easily adjust it to your liking. With all its amazing features, it is no wonder that most users review it positively. The pillows are also available in king and queen sizes.
- The design is extravagantly fluffy and breathable
- Machine-washable for easy maintenance
- Ideal for all users
- Comes with a hypoallergenic and orthopedic design
- Some initial fluffing is necessary during the first use
- Smells a little too new right of the package
- They are bulky
8. Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2 Pack) – Best Comfortable Pillow
These pillows feature a design that leans mostly towards those people looking for a fuller pillow, which is gel filled. They are available as a pair and in both king and queen sizes. The Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2 Pack) comes with a plush fiber precisely geared towards ensuring optimum comfort and relaxation for anyone regardless of their sleeping position.
Red – The pillows feature a sturdy, no shift construction that makes them the best for resting your head on and providing excellent support to your body every time you use them. Although not easily customized or adjusted like the shredded types, they still promise fast and sound sleep.
The Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillows (2 pack) are made from a meticulous design of linen-fibers, which are mold, dust mite, and mildew resistant. The two are free of toxic chemicals, which makes them the best for people with conditions like asthma, and those who suffer from allergic reactions.
The linen fibers used to make these pillows are both fade and stain resistant. This way, you won’t have to worry about them dying too soon. A full satisfaction-guarantee and a match for everything you want in a pillow is what you get in them.
- Extravagantly plush with gel-filled fiber
- Doesn’t shift during sleep
- The pillows are hypoallergenic and highly resistant to mildew, dust mite, and mildew
- Are machine washable
- Doesn’t come with pillow cases
- No cooling technology
- Takes a while for it to fluff
9. Snuggle-Pedic Shredded Bamboo Combination Memory Foam with Kool-Flow Cover – Best Pillow for Hugging
Unlike the other Snuggle-Pedic Shredded Combination Memory Foam, this particular product is meant for hugging. It is as long as two typical pillows and one of those advertised to be perpetually flat as a result of its memory foam and shredded bamboo combination.
The pillow comes with a Kool-Flow cover that provides a feeling of relaxation regardless of whether you hug it with the whole body or just lay your head on it. Notably, this bamboo pillow is fully machine washable. You don’t have to worry when those around you drag it all over the house as you can simply wash it and it assumes its handsomeness.
The pillow supports all sleeping positions if one desires so. It is breathable, thanks to its fluffy interlocking memory foam pieces that allow air flow. It is perfect for all types of sleepers including pregnant women! Also, it offers the best orthopedic support, is resistant to mildew and dust mite. Everybody looking for a comfortable pillow to hug throughout the night should not pass this up.
- Supports many people including the pregnant
- Comes housed in a Kool-flow cover
- Too long for some people
- Not the best for smaller beds
10. Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow Shredded Memory Foam – Best Premium Quality
This premium memory foam is one of the best bamboo pillows on the market today. It is highly customizable and you can easily change or vary its fluffiness by adjusting the density through shifting the position of the fillings. This you can simply do by unzipping it and adding or removing some of the fillings.
Green – The pillow is beautifully ventilated with a Kool-Flow cover that keeps you cool and warm when it is cold. Compared to other typical pillows, this particular product offers the best comfort available, so it gives you relief from migraines, neck pain, and sleepless nights.
It is free from toxic chemicals. It doesn’t contain lead, mercury of or other harmful substances, which may rudely interrupt your sleep. The Xtreme Comforts Hypoallergenic Bamboo Pillow Shredded Memory Foam is quite large, and you will have peace of mind knowing it offers the best support. It is rather recommended if you want a product that is weighty, yet fluffy memory foam.
- It is sizeable enough with a shape that counters all sleeping problems
- Has an incredibly long life
- Comes with a well-vented Kool-Flow cover
- Packs hypoallergenic materials
- Not your kind if softness isn’t your thing
- Side and back sleepers might not find it ideal enough
Many people only know that bamboo is a very strong and flexible plant, but what they do not know is that it can be used to make the softest and the most comfortable pillows on the market today. The pillows made from bamboo are specially treated to be pliant threads. The fibers are then woven and intertwined into the best sustainable and hypoallergenic products.
Bamboo pillows are believed to lead to a good night sleep, which increases the energy in our bodies and strengthens our immune system. It fosters a stress-free life and gets rid of depressive moods people often experience.
Consequently, a good night sleep will improve your memory and decision-making abilities, which is why finding the best pillow is a good way to start. However, when shopping for a bamboo pillow, what should you consider?
Things to Consider
Type and Size of the Pillow
Bamboo pillows come in a wide variety of types and sizes including wedge, traditional, contoured among many more. Depending on the type of bed, king or queen size, you should find the best size. The quality also varies from one to another. Whichever the case, you must find one that is suitable for your preferences or needs. Typically, side sleepers, as well as the back sleepers, should use small-sized or medium pillows. Wider pillows are the best for stomach sleepers.
Purpose of the Pillow
Why are you buying the bamboo pillow? Are you buying it for yourself or for the family? Ensure you know what you or the person you are buying it for is going through. Knowing how the pillow will improve your quality of sleep is mandatory.
How do you sleep?
People have different sleeping styles. Some lie on their backs, others on their stomach, and another lot on their sides. There are pillows specific to each sleeping style. While most can accommodate the three, it is crucial to give priority to your sleeping style.
Most of these bamboo pillows have various densities. With a specific shape, you may find that the pillow is too firm or too soft for your needs. A denser pillow is much comfortable and offers good support to the back and the neck. Nonetheless, this factor is up to you and you should try it out before making the purchase.
Some manufacturers sell the covers separately. Even so, you should ensure that it has the best quality, is highly breathable ,and soft. Most importantly, you should ensure that the material is easy to clean.
Whoever heard of someone who doesn’t want a durable product? Ensure that the pillow you purchase will sure give you several good years ahead.
Benefits of Using Bamboo Pillows
They are extremely hypoallergenic and breathable. This helps those who suffer from respiratory issues and allergic reactions. Consequently, bamboo pillows offer dryness and keep you free from perspiration. Those looking for excellent support for the neck, back, and stomach, a bamboo pillow is the best product you could buy.
What is the Best Way to Use Bamboo Pillow?
- Handle it gently – From the moment you receive the pillow, ensure that handling it is away from sharp objects. Usually, because of packaging, it might come with a bit of deformity. As such, leave it in a place with free air for at least 48 hours. It will allow it to get the perfect shape. It might feel a bit weird during the first uses, but after a while, it will get cozy.
- Washing – Most pillows come with removable covers, which are removable for easy machine washing. Before doing any laundry on the product, ensure that you have read all the instructions to avoid damaging it. Bamboo pillows come with very specific instructions on how to wash them for the very first time.
While drying, tumble dry it on low heat or leave it outside. It is recommended, though, that you wash the pillow itself by hand. Leave it in the open until it is thoroughly dry.
In summation, the top pick in this review and guide is the Snuggle Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow Combination. It features a conventional shape and is the most versatile product with lots of positive reviews. This is excellent for people with respiratory issues, is durable, and ideal for all types of sleepers thanks to its high-end bamboo and memory foam combination.
It comes with a good deal of a 20-year warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee. What else do you need to know that a product is reliable? It is one product you can purchase with confidence.
Hopefully the guide and review has been sufficient in ensuring you buy a pillow that satisfies all your needs.